No matter what your business is all about, customers are always at the core of it and should be your top priority. If the majority of them are happy, you're much more likely to build credibility and bring in more business. Some research has shown that almost 80% of the customers are very likely to recommend a company to a friend if they had a pleasant experience. So, you can understand how important it is to keep them satisfied. That's exactly why we created this list of the best strategies to improve your customer service standards.
According to some professionals that we've talked to, many customers will value the experience much more than the actual prices and products. Therefore, it makes sense for them to spend more for better customer service. It's as simple as that. Here's what you can do to achieve that.
Make Your Customer Service Team Stronger
The first of our four strategies to improve your customer service standards is building a strong team to deal with your customers.
Having professionals with the right set of skills is crucial for pretty much any of the strategies to improve your customer service standards.
Hire and Train Professionals
To be clear right from the start, no artificial intelligence (AI) can be a substitute for a human when it comes to providing exceptional customer service. However, you need to choose the people with the right skills and personalities for the job.
Organize training sessions for your existing employees, and for the ones that are joining your team. This will help with improving their skills and that's exactly what you need. The things you should work on are:
- Communication Skills - Every person that works in customer service simply has to have excellent communication skills. They'll have to explain everything in a positive way, and the idea is that the customer never leaves unsatisfied.
- Empathy and Patience - These people will have to deal with all kinds of customers. Some of them are confused, while others have numerous questions. A customer support rep has to deal with all of them patiently and professionally. Sometimes that’s a hard thing to do, so simple ways to increase motivation in the workplace can come in handy here.
- Knowledge - Your employees that work in the CS need to have great knowledge about your products, plans, and services to be able to do a good job. If they're not sure about something, the best thing to say is ''I'll get back to you right after checking with our product team''. No incorrect information is allowed.
Get Feedback from Your Customers
You need to understand your customers and their needs in order to be able to give them the best possible customer support. And the best way to do this is by ensuring that they have multiple ways to give their feedback.
You can use telephone surveys or you can encourage them to send feedback via mail. You can even create a complaint system on your website. This will probably be the best way to enable them to raise their issues. You'll learn all about the both good and bad experiences they had with your company. These are the real insights into the things you couldn't obtain otherwise.
Connecting with your customers in order to get feedback will have one additional benefit. They'll feel that you value them and trust them and their opinions. Your will to resolve their issues can only bring good things. You'll establish trust, and that is very important for running a business.
For example, only if you run a company that has the credibility and the confidence of its customers can you perform a relocation that won't affect your business. So, it pays to invest in customer support as you'll get much more in return.
Talk to your customers and discover their needs, wants and problems regarding your company.
Use CRM Platforms
One problem that often occurs among companies is that they struggle to establish effective connections and coordination between their teams. What this leads to is customer dissatisfaction. This is where you may start wondering if you are a truly effective business leader. However, the problem is much smaller than it may seem. Luckily, there is a way to easily overcome this issue.
Many companies record success thanks to using smart CRM platforms. These are the systems that are made to ensure that everyone is one the same page, which is very important for all the strategies to improve your customer service standards.
We'll give you just a few of the benefits of CRM platforms, so you can see how useful they can be. For starters, it provides useful information about your customers. Then, it improves customer interaction and engagement and enables your sales and service teams to work more closely. You'll improve your customer satisfaction and that's exactly what you want.
It's also worth mentioning that most CRM platforms are accessible via desktop, laptop, or mobile devices so they work at any time anywhere in the world.
Multi-Channel Servicing Is a Must
According to research, around 70% of the US population prefers to buy from brands that offer customer support 24/7 across multiple channels. This is why you as a brand pretty much have to provide omnichannel communication support if you want to be competitive and relevant.
Your customers should be able to switch across your different channels and get consistent quality of service. This is what will boost your brand reputation the most. Here's what channels to focus on if you want to achieve the success trinity that is often mentioned in business circles.
- Social media is always the first thing on the list. These websites and applications have become the main source of information and communication. Make sure to utilize their power to bridge the gap between you and your customers.
- Mobile devices. People always need good customer service when they're on the go, and you need to provide it. These pages on your website should be optimized for mobile devices so they meet their expectations.
- Self-service. And by that, we mean the FAQ page on your website. Often customers want to resolve some minor issues by themselves so be sure to make that possible for them.
You need to cover both mobile devices and social networks to have good quality customer support service.
Even if you feel like your customer service standards are up to scratch, know that there's no such thing as overdelivering. Therefore, feel free to experiment and be sure to try all of the strategies to improve your customer service standards we have suggested.
For support and advice on any of these topics, please call PBC today for a free consultation. We’re only too glad to help.
Connect with us on social media and be part of the dialog.